You have two jugs a 3 and 5 liter jug how do you get 4 liters in a jug.
This is one of the more basic questions, but it still appears in job interviews. It is basically impossible not to get the answer correct.
1) First fill the 5 liter jug.
2) Poor water from the 5 liter into the 3 liter one until its full. That leaves 2 liters in the 5 liter,
3) Empty the 3 liter and transfer the 2 liters into it. This leaves 1 liter of space in the 3 liter jug.
4) Then fill the 5 liter jug
5) Then poor 1 liter out of the 5 liter into the 1 liter of empty space in the 3 liter jug.
Done the 5 liter jug has 4 liters in it